Missions Work in Haiti
Our work in Haiti centers around a hillside village in Galette Chambon, where we partner with two significant ministries and includes a local village church. These two ministries are But God Ministries and Children of Christ Home.
Short-term teams typically involve one or several of these activities:
- Medical: from caring for the common ailments to delivering babies, these teams can work in the village clinic as well as doing remote clinics in the region. The village clinic also supports dental services. Patients hear the gospel presented by a Haitian team leader at the start of each clinic day.
- Work with children: both in the Orphanage and in the surrounding communities. Work can include doing anything from Children’s Bible Clubs to basic recreational activities.
- Light construction and repair work around and in the village compound and orphanage.
- Development for the long-term health and advantage of villagers: includes efforts such as English classes, job training, and agriculture technics.
- Support of the local church by Bible storytelling to men of the village and assisting with women’s bible study groups in the church.
Dates for the short-term teams in 2019
- February 9-15
- June 1-7
- July 27-August 2
- October 5-11
If you are interested in joining one of our short-term teams going to Haiti this year, please contact Kelley Hamilton by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.